Monday, January 16, 2012

Green Smoothie Detox

It's been a minute since I've posted on this blog. The reason why I've decided to post again is because I've started a green smoothie detox today that will go on for five days. I need to lose weight because over the years, I've stopped looking at myself, stopped caring and let myself go. I'm getting close to the "oh hell no" weight on the scale, so something's gotta give! I haven't weighed myself in several months. When I did weigh myself the other day I was shockingly surprised. Of course, I'm not going to post the weight on here, but once I lose all the weight that I would like, I'll let you know where I started at. I'll be using my blog as a diary to notate all the temptations and triumphs that I've come across during this detox process.

If you don't know, a "Green Smoothie Detox" consists of blending green leafy veggies (ex. spinach, romaine lettuce, kale, etc.) and fruits into a smoothie/juice and substituting it for a meal. You drink/eat the smoothie every 4-6 hours while you're awake and only drink water in addition to the smoothies. There are detoxes that go on for longer periods of time, but I wanted to see if I could complete this short one before I commit to a longer one.

I hear that the first day is the hardest, which it is expected. But that on the second day you get a boost of energy. At the end of my day, I will post a summary of what I drank and how I coped with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment