Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 1 Smoothie Detox setback...

Yesterday I managed to power through most of my temptation and struggles with learning how to make smoothies.  I survived through my daughter's and husband's brunch, lunch, snack... but then it was time to make dinner.  I am okay with looking at food and not being tempted to eat it.  But when I smelled dinner, the garlic, the onions,etc... I couldn't resist.  I gave in and had about 4 oz of pork steak and 1 serving of green beans.  I made sure to take my time chewing the food so that I could really taste the food and see what I was "missing out" on.  After I was done eating, of course, the guilty feeling settled in along with the reality of not "needing" to eat dinner.  I have to start thinking of food as fuel for the body instead of something that I have to have to "feel" some kind of way.  

Thank goodness for a tomorrow because today is yesterday's tomorrow and I am able to start fresh.  I am hoping to have more will power today and not fall into the trap of eating dinner.  It should be easier today because my husband is at work and my daughter is at school, so I don't have to fight the temptation of eating due to smelling yummy food all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment