Friday, January 20, 2012

Day3/Day 4 Smoothie Detox Summary

So Days 2 and 3 of this green smoothie business, I made it without "cheating."  For some reason Wednesday (day 3) was sooooo easy for me!  I just did it.  Come Thursday (Day 4) all I could think about was food.  I just wanted to eat something.  All day I was arguing with myself whether to eat or not eat something.  I had my smoothie for breakfast and one for lunch and come dinner time I couldn't take it anymore.... I had to have something that I could chew on!  So I opted for a small salad that had romaine lettuce, a veggie burger, and about 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar salad dressing.  So, although, I didn't have a smoothie, I'm still satisfied because I made a healthy choice.

I would have to say that this experience has taught me a lot about myself.  I really can do anything that I set my mind to (I know, cliche).  This was REALLY hard for me.  But I did (most of) it.  It was a struggle, but for a purpose.  I also trained my mind to focus on what I am eating.  I will now actually think about what I am grabbing to eat versus grabbing the first thing I see, sounds good, or is easy.  Before, I would just think about what I wanted to eat and go ahead and eat it.  Now I know to think about what I am putting into my body and to choose meals/food wisely.  If I could only get my motivation to work out in check!  LOL.  I'm 8 lbs lighter and I find that's a great accomplishment!  I plan on eating healthy and working out to reach my goal of losing 40 more lbs by the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment