Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lay It On the Table

Those of you who know me, know that I have absolutely no idea how to put a filter on my mouth. I tend to say exactly what is on my mind without sugar-coating what I say. The way I see it is if what I'm saying isn't sweet, then why sugar coat it?

Over the years, I have still not learned how to filter what I think or what I want to say, but I have learned how to push the stop button in my brain that sends the message to my tongue to speak the truth. I personally have not suffered any consequences to my actions of my bluntness, but others would consider the aftermath of my "Rican Speakin" negative. There have been times when I have made people cry or caused arguements between others; I used to not care. I used to think, if you can't handle the truth, then stop doing stupid things that provoke me to wake yo ass up and make you smell the roses! I am well aware that I was ignorant... still ignorant, but I have come to understand that although I may not be affected by i say, others can be affected negatively.

Some of my friends love me because they know that I will ALWAYS ALWAYS tell the truth and give my true opinion. Some of my friends avoid me because they simply cannot handle the truth or are afraid of the truth. Because of this, I have learned to open my mouth only when asked...

The inspiration of this blog is a situation that I have been dealing with for years. I have been fighting the overwhelming urge to warn one of my friends about somebody and tell them every reason why they should stay away from this person, but I know, oh how I know, that all hell will break loose if I dare say a thing... All I know is that I have come a long way, because Julia three years ago, would have said it all and not gave a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment